2015 Springfest winner; Poster
The North Augusta SpringFest Art Competition is open to all visual artists. Artists are invited to submit their original artworks according to the following guidelines:
1. Maximum of two (2) submissions per individual.
2. All entries will be eligible for the Best in Show, First, Second, and Third Place awards.
3. 3-D art will be accepted in the Art Competition but must not weigh more than 50lbs. Pedestals will be provided by the Arts and Heritage Center.
4. Any artwork that has been exhibited in a previous SpringFest Art Competition or displayed in the Arts and Heritage Center will not be accepted. By entering the contest, the artist certifies that their artwork is original and does not infringe upon any third-party rights.
5. Winning entries will be announced during the Reception at The Arts and Heritage Center. The Reception will be held on Thursday, March 31, 2016 from 6:00pm - 8:00pm. This reception is free and open to the public.
Competition Terms and Conditions
1. Traditional, contemporary, impressionist, and abstract works of art are welcome. Two-dimensional works will be considered in all media including, but not limited to, oil, acrylic, watercolor, pen and ink, pastel, pencil and photography. Art must be original. No giclee prints please.
2. Artwork must be framed and securely wired for hanging. Gallery-wrapped canvases (with painted sides) are also acceptable. The use of plexi-glass is strongly recommended. The festival committee will not be responsible for glass breakage. Work not adequately prepared for display will be disqualified.
3. Framed artwork should weigh no more than 50 pounds. Artwork must be completely dry upon delivery.
4. Artist name, address, phone number, e-mail address and sale price or insurance value must be clearly labeled on the back of the submission. If the artwork is not for sale, please clearly write NFS and then write the insurance value between parentheses on the label on the back of the artwork - example: NFS ($400)
5. Work must be submitted with a completed Entry Form.
6. All properly submitted artwork will be publicly displayed at the Arts and Heritage Center from March 31 through April 28, 2016. The Arts and Heritage Center is in the NA Municipal Center, 100 Georgia Avenue, in downtown North Augusta.
Judging and Awards
1. The winner of the Best in Show Award will be awarded a cash prize of $300. First Place will be awarded a $250 cash prize, Second Place will be awarded a $150 cash prize and Third Place will be awarded a $100 cash prize. Ribbons will be awarded for winners and Honorable Mentions.
2. All decisions by the judge are final and non-disputable.
3. Notifications and cash awards will be mailed to the winning artists within two weeks of selection.
4. Photographs of the winning artworks may be used for future NACAC publicity or promotional materials. Credit will be given to the artist.
Entry, Delivery and Pickup
1. Entries may be hand delivered to the Arts and Heritage Center, to the attention of the Executive Director, Arts and Heritage Center, 100 Georgia Avenue, North Augusta, SC 29841 from Wednesday, March 23, Thursday, March 24, or Monday, March 28, 2016 anytime between 10 AM and 4 PM. If other arrangements need to be made please contact the director at The Arts and Heritage Center at 803.441.4380 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Entries may also be shipped (insured with return receipt required) to: SpringFest Art Competition, Attention: Executive Director, Arts and Heritage Center, 100 Georgia Avenue, North Augusta, SC 29841.
3. All entries must be received by Monday, March 28, 2016 at 4 PM and must include an entry fee of $25 per artist. Checks should be made out to North Augusta Cultural Arts Council.
4. All entries not sold must be picked up at the Arts and Heritage Center Friday, April 29, Monday, May 2 or Tuesday, May 3, 2016 between 10 AM and 4 PM. If other arrangements need to be made please contact the director at The Arts and Heritage Center at 803.441.4380 or email@example.com.
5. Items not picked up after the deadline for pickup may be subject to a storage fee or become the property of the North Augusta Cultural Arts Council.
1. All work will be available for sale unless otherwise noted.
2. The Arts and Heritage Center will retain a 30% commission from each sale.
3. Artists should clearly mark the sale price of their work.
4. The sale price will be used as an insurance value in case of loss or damage.
5. Any artwork not for sale should be clearly marked NFS, and as noted above the insurance value should be listed on the entry form.
6. Prices may not be changed during the show and works sold may not be removed until after the show.
Thank You for supporting the arts in north augusta!
Thank you for your interest and participation in the 2016 SpringFest Art Competition. A copy of this information and the entry form are available at www.naartscouncil.org or www.artsandheritagecenter.com
For more information, please contact Lisa Shull